Veterinary Recertification Requirements
Please note: The recertification process is NOT the same as your MAVT membership
To maintain Certification, Continuing education will be required. Please click on the link below to review the updated guidelines.
2012-2014 Recertification Guidelines - Clarifications added! Please Review Carefully
2014 Report Form
2014 Renewal Notice
Complete the 2014 Continuing Education Report form and attach photocopies of your certificate of attendance (DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS) and/or any other documentation of credits obtained.
On the Continuing Education Report Form, please list courses attended after July 1, 2012 and before June 30, 2014 in which you earned ten *Continuing Education credits.
*One Continuing Education credit is equal to 1 hour of lecture. Any interactive course related to veterinary medicine will be accepted. A maximum of 3 credits will be accepted from non-interactive sources.
The members of the MVMA/MAVT Certification Committee reserve the right to not accept any CE courses it determines do not meet requirements.
**Changes were made to the Certification Guidelines in 2012, please review them carefully.**
If you are not yet certified and wish to become certified, please click here for more information.
Where can I earn Continuing Education Credits? (This is a list of examples only, more opportunities are available throughout the year.)
- MAVT: Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians. Annual MAVT convention and other seminars throughout the year
Contact: MAVT, PO Box 580194, Minneapolis MN 55458
- MVMA: Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association. MVMA Annual meeting and other seminars throughout the year. Check out our Calendar for upcoming CE opportunities
- University of Minnesota. Sponsors seminars throughout the year.
Contact: Ms. Nicole Kast, U of M: 1365 Gortner Ave, St. Paul, MN 55108
- AVMA: American Veterinary Medical Association.
- AAHA: American Animal Hospital Association.
- NAVTA: National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America.
Veterinary Technicians who are members of MAVT will automatically receive notification of Continuing Education opportunities the monthly MAVT Newsletter.
If you wish to become a member to receive membership benefits, visit the MAVT website for more information.