Maintaining certification requires
continuing education credits as well as a renewal fee.
Please read the requirements listed below.
- Maintaining Certification: You are required to
earn ten (10) continuing education credits every two
The current fee is $60 every 2 years. If
you move, you must notify the Minnesota Veterinary
Medical Association to receive your notice. You may do this by e-mailing email@example.com, by calling 651-645-7533, or by mail at MVMA, 101 Bridgepoint Way, Suite 100, South St.
Paul, MN 55075
(Please note: The recertification fee is not the same as your MAVT membership dues payment.)
Click here for a 2014 CE Report Form
Where can you earn
continuing education credits?
Association of Veterinary Technicians (MAVT): Sponsors
annual meeting and other seminars throughout the year.
Contact: MAVT, P. O. Box 580194, Minneapolis, MN
2. Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA): Sponsors an annual meeting and other seminars throughout the year. Check out our calendar for upcoming opportunities.
3. University of Minnesota: Sponsors seminars throughout the year. Contact: Ms. Nicole Kast, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1365 Gortner Ave., University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN 55108. CE Seminars
4. American Veterinary Medical Association: Sponsors continuing education opportunities throughout the year. 1931 N. Meacham Rd., Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173. .www.avma.org
5. American Animal Hospital Association: .Sponsors continuing education opportunities throughout the year. 12575 W. Bayaud Ave., Lakewood , CO 80228. www.aahanet.org
6. National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America: Sponsors continuing education opportunitties throughout the year. www.navta.net
7. Veterinary Technician Programs may offer continuing education credits.
Veterinary technicians who already
are members of the MAVT will automatically receive
notification of continuing education opportunities
through the monthly MAVT newsletter.
If you have not become an MAVT member, questions may be directed to: MAVT, P.O. Box 580194, Minneapolis, MN 55458-0194 or visit Join MAVT.