Pet Owner Quick Links
American Veterinary Medical Association
- United Kennel Club With 300,000 registrations annually, the United Kennel Club is the world's largest performance dog registry, and second oldest all-breed registry in the United States. Founded in 1898, the UKC has supported the "Total Dog" philosophy through its events and programs for over a century. As a departure from registries that place emphasis on a dog's looks, UKC events are designed for dogs that look and perform equally well.
- BART (Basic Animal Rescue Training) Basic Animal Rescue Training is a non-profit organization operated by volunteers in the veterinary profession and supported by community donations. BART offers classes to first responders (firefighters, police, paramedics, EMTs and Community Emergency Response Teams) teaching restraint and handling of pets, horses and livestock, as well as patient assessment/first aid and CPR for companion animals. The Fire/EMS departments undergoing training receive an emergency medical kit that contains all the materials covered in the small animal course. BART is dedicated to the honor and memory of Bart, a German Shorthaired Pointer who lost his life in a house fire. The program was created by veterinarians to ensure that fewer families will suffer a similar loss, and is endorsed by the Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association. Click on the link above to learn how to become a BART volunteer, find more information on courses offered, schedule training for your emergency responders, or make a donation.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of MN providesquality medical care and rehabilitation for all injured, sick and orphaned wildlife, and shares its knowledge with the people who care about them.
- The Raptor Center
- Pet Haven Inc. of Minnesota
- Care Credit
- American Animal Hospital Association Your link for healthy pets by the American Animal Hospital Association. Answers to frequently asked questions, newsletters, and more.
- Guidelines on Choosing a New Dog
- American Dog Trainers Network
- American Humane Association
- Lost & found pet recovery
- American Kennel Club
- Pet Poison Helpline
- Animal Poison Control Center (ASPCA)
- Pets Welcome Hotels and Motels
- The Pet Project MN The Pet Project helps people keeps their pets by providing pet food and basic supplies to those who are struggling. The Pet Project also provides connections to basic veterinary care and information on finding pet-friendly housing.
- Resources regarding animal welfare and violence against animals http://nationallinkcoalition.org/resources/articles-research
- Minnesota Spay Neuter Project
- CDC Healthy Pets
- Subsidized Pet Care Options
- Holiday Pet Care Tips
- Tips forTraveling With Your Pet
- SMOKING AND ANIMALS: HEALTHY HABITS FOR HEALTHY PETS
- Cat "Going" Outside the Box? (Tips for Litterbox Problems)
- Blue-Green Algae and Harmful Algal Blooms
- Tick Transmitted Diseases
- Dealing with the Death of a Pet