The VALUE OF YOUR MVMA MEMBERSHIP
AVAILABLE RESOURCES, WEBSITE, NEWSLETTER AND MORE
- MVMA skilled staff available to research and answer your questions, or direct you to where the answers can be found
- Practice and disease brochures and manuals available to members for their office and/or their clients
- Career Center online employment ad opportunities provided to members including access to VCN (Vet. Career Network)
- Clinic services can be advertised in newsletter (ad fees apply) and listed on the MVMA website
- FREE to members - Newsletter that provides useful information, updates on key issues, ads, and calendar of events
- Website with useful information and links to classifieds, convention, seminars and more (Go to www.mvma.org)
- “Find a Vet” on the MVMA website which identifies member veterinarians and is a referral source to members and clinics
- MVMA maintains a strong relationship with national AVMA organization and has access to their valuable resources
- Resources readily available for responding to media requests
- FDA pet food recall alerts and other federal/state government special announcements sent to members or on website.
- A free consultation to discuss the buying or selling of a veterinary practice, business succession planning, estate planning, employment issues, veterinary liens, and other legal concerns at Sjoberg & Tebelius, P.A.
- New Relief Certified Veterinary Technician List available.
- MVMA member savings on compassion fatigue training from Rockford Consulting
- Networking opportunities through Annual meeting, seminar and committee activities and involvement.
- Student mock interviews, etiquette dinners, receptions and job fairs held at recent annual meetings.
- “Like Us” on the MVMA Facebook page and start receiving regular updates and veterinary news postings.
- MVMA members support and participate in fun foundation activities such as the Annual Golf Classic and Clay Shoot events
- Supports a host of student activities (Annual BBQ, SCAVMA activities, and graduation and White Coat events).
- Recent graduates can participate in the Power of Ten Leadership training and meet other recent grads
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Special recognition and veterinary awards given to veterinarians, industry and others (Submit a colleague for an award)
- Animal Hall of Fame program awards outstanding animals annually (Nominate a client nominee for the Hall of Fame)
MEMBERS ONLY DISCOUNTS & WEBSITE SECTION
- Members save on average $400 annually through discounts at the annual convention, seminars, marketing materials and advertising discounts.
- DISCOUNTED - Classified ads - 50 words or less (ads posted online 2 months and included in 1 issue of bi-monthly newsletter)
- FREE - Lunch N Learn live or webinar continuing education lunches worth 1 CE credit to members
- FREE -Pharmaceutical flow charts for food animal veterinarians (Dairy producer card available to members!)
- Mentor program available to those wanting to guide and teach and to those needing advice and direction.
- The Power of Ten Leadership Program available to recent graduates that will be taught to lead and improve personal skills
- Gain access to member portal of the MVMA website with additional information and resources for members only
- Member relief list for members vacationing or temporarily away from their practice (frequent posting of relief veterinarians)
- Grievance program designed to effectively handle animal owner complaints
- Veterinary students can receive discounted membership through their university activity fee payment
- Half price dues for first and second year early practice veterinarians. Ask about discount for 3rd year recent graduate
- Retired members and Life members are eligible for special discounts and reduced rates
- Recognizes and supports senior veterinarians with complimentary “life” membership and an active Sr. Vets Council
- FREE - Members receive complimentary window decals to proudly display their organizational membership
- Members receive limited time special promotions and discounts offered periodically to MVMA members
- Chemical dependence program available to members (Special program planned during the MVMA annual convention)
- MVMA members can receive legal referral and assistance to skilled attorneys familiar with veterinary practice issues
- MVMA employs skilled lobbyists in the state to support needed legislation or fend against harmful legislation
- Advocacy program that actively monitors state/federal legislation (Please sign up to be a legislative key contact!)
- Legislator clinic visits available, scheduled at your convenience (contact the MVMA office to arrange a free visit)
- VET-PAC program funded by MVMA members provides important access and assistance to legislators
- Forge alliances with other professional and agriculture organizations (AVMA and Agrigrowth Council Partners)
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND MEMBER RELATIONS
- Veterinary Medical Reserve Corp program for emergency and disaster planning (Please consider being a response volunteer)
- Nearly 20 committees and MVMA volunteer opportunities available to members (certain to be a committee for you)
- Popular State Fair Miracle of Birth Center and Surgical Suite exhibits provide positive public relations of veterinary services. Ask us how you can participate!
- Foundation (MVMF) provides important scholarship and member grant opportunities (Please consider making a donation, or play golf or shoot later this year!)
- Supportive of veterinary technician credentialing and educational program partnerships
- MVMA works collaboratively with the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, the MAVT (Veterinary Technicians), and MVI (MN Veterinary Institute)
- VetCamp program available for members wanting to offer veterinary profession education at schools and community
- Dog Bite Prevention program certification and materials available for student and community education
- Task forces are created to address emerging issues.
- Frequent quality educational programs and seminars developed by MVMA veterinarian member CE committee volunteers
- Academy membership available to members that serves to record and provide certificates for member CE credits
- Quality Continuing Education (annual meeting and quarterly seminars) Registration discounts available only to members!
- Webinar seminars now available to members for interactive CE credit!
- Access to the largest resource of Veterinary Continuing Education in the world.
Call (651-645-7533) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) today to learn more about how the MVMA can help you and your practice!
LISTEN TO WHAT OUR MEMBERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE MVMA
"As a student member of the Minnesota Medical Veterinary Association, I have had the opportunity to connect with veterinarians at a local and state level. These interactions are invaluable to my future as a veterinarian."
Jen Gallus, DVM
"Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA) has always believed in supporting veterinary medicine. In doing so, VHA has been a loyal supporter of MVMA and MVMF (the foundation). We have had the opportunity to strengthen our commitment to the veterinary community by supporting the missions of both the MVMA and the MVMF. We have participated with the MVMA Convention, Seminars and Foundation events such as the golf tournament and Clay Shoot and have established many valuable relationships along the way. It is rewarding to see the Foundation results with grants and scholarships awarded to students in the Veterinary field. The symbiosis and good will is felt by VHA members knowing they are "giving back" with long term benefits to our association through our involvement."
Dave Perry, former CEO/General Manager, Veterinary Hospitals Association
"Anchor Bank has been a member of the MVMA for several years. It has been a very beneficial association for our bank. Events that are sponsored by MVMA have given us the opportunity to visit our customers and prospects alike. The MVMA has also kept us informed and educated. I would highly encourage anyone who is contemplating joining the MVMA to do so."
Jim Friend, Vice President, Anchor Bank
"The MOBC is a great way to bring agriculture to the city. It's important for consumers to know how their food is produced. MOBC allows our community to promote both our profession and our agricultural industries, and it's a fun way to spend the day."
Kathy Jorgensen, DVM
CLICK HERE to download our Membership Brochure